ROUND 1 - MATCHED WITH NEWARK PREP for 2015-2016 SCHOOL YEAR
Received your ROUND ONE - One Newark Enrolls Match Results? Please see the following steps below to enroll your student.
1) Print out the 2015-2016 Newark Prep Enrollment Application 2015-2016-application.pdf
2) Gather the required enrollment documents (see below)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- 3 Forms of Proof of Residency (utility, water, cable or phone bill, lease, state id or driver's license
- Copy Immuzation Record
- Transfer Card (if applicable)
- Report Card or Transcript
- IEP or Special Education Documents (if applicable)
3) Call Newark Prep (862-307-7010) to schedule your appointment at the school.
Newark Prep 2015-2016 Application Process Q&A
How do I apply to Newark Prep?
Newark Prep uses a universal enrollment system through Newark Public Schools Office called “One Newark Enrolls.” This system allows all families an opportunity to access great schools and make the appropriate choice for their children, regardless of the school’s status as district or charter.
Steps to Enroll
Round 2 Enrollment Window: April 27 - May 8
2. Fill in the required contact information.
3. Select “Newark Prep” (code 720) as your FIRST school choice. The system will also ask questions about siblings and location. These questions help determine your placement match into the school.
4. Once complete with the application, you will receive a confirmation that your application has been submitted.
5. Families will be contacted regarding their school placement in late May.
How is this process different from what’s happened in the past?
One Newark Enrolls streamlines this process by combining applications, timelines, and processes into a single system that all participating schools follow. In other words, families will only have to fill out one application, which will allow them to apply to all schools in the Universal Enrollment program.
Which students will participate in this process?
Newark Prep will accept students in grades 9–12, but One Newark Enrolls is open to all Newark students who wish to apply to Pre-K through 12th grade at a participating school for the upcoming school year. Students who wish to remain in their current schools do not need to submit an application.
How will students be matched to schools?
Computer software will match each student with the best possible school based on the student’s choices and the policies of the enrollment system. Priorities are broken into 4 levels:
- School Preference
- At risk students
How soon do we find out what school our child is going to?
All students will receive their school selection in May.
Is this only for Newark Residents?
No. It is open to all students who live in East Orange and Irvington, who wish to attend Newark Prep Charter School. Students out of Newark may fill out the application when it opens in January but will enter the lottery in the second round.